The economic viability of development has become an important consideration as part of the planning system, both in terms of plan-making and when determining planning applications.
To ensure the council is best placed to address matters relating to development viability, from the 2 October 2017 it is adopting a Development Viability Supplementary Planning Document (SPD).
The SPD provides guidance as to how Development Plan policies should be applied in a development viability context when determining planning applications. It aims to provide greater clarity to both applicants and the general public and ensures that the principles of sustainable development are at the forefront of decision-making in Tower Hamlets. In particular, the SPD makes it clear that parties who submit viability information alongside planning applications (excepting pre-application discussions) can expect their submissions to be made publicly available alongside other application documents.
The SPD was the subject of two consultations earlier in 2017. Please see the consultation reports below for more information on this.
The Development Viability SPD and supporting documents are available to view below:
The documents can be viewed at the following locations:
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets Town Hall, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, E14 2BG
- Idea Store Bow, 1 Gladstone Place, Roman Road, Bow, London, E3 5ES
- Idea Store Whitechapel, 321 Whitechapel Road London, E1 1BU
- Idea Store Watney Market, 260 Commercial Road, London, E1 2FB
- Idea Store Canary Wharf, Churchill Place, London, E14 5RB
- Idea Store Chrisp Street, 1 Vesey Path East India Dock Road, London, E14 6BT
- Bethnal Green Library, Cambridge Heath Road, London, E2 0HL
- Cubitt Town Library, Strattondale Street, London, E14 3HG
All Financial Viability Assessments (FVA) must be accompanied with an Appraisal Inputs Summary Sheet setting out the key inputs and conclusions of the FVA (for further information please refer to section 4 within the SPD). This should be submitted in Excel format which is available to download below:
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact:
Tel: 020 7364 2343
Tel: 020 7364 1666