Help into employment


WorkPath is a unique employment service for all Tower Hamlets residents, providing support for people at all levels of work, skill or experience.

If you live in Tower Hamlets, we can provide employment support tailored to your needs, whether you need basic skills or advanced training; access to work experience, apprenticeships or graduate schemes; CV help, interview preparation and more.

If you are already working, we can even help you make a fresh start in a new career direction, or progress higher in your chosen area of work.

  • Residents can register online to access all of our opportunities

  • For any enquiries, please email or call 020 7364 3727 to speak to a member of our team

  • Young WorkPath Careers Advisers are working across all schools and colleges in the borough

  • For young people who are NEET (not in employment, education or training) we offer telephone, video or face to face interview appointments. Face to face interviews are by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Young WorkPath

To book an appointment, please contact us at or on 0800 3581 2410 (freephone) or 020 7364 1401.

Workpath students at Ballimore

Financial support

Flexible Support Fund (FSF)

FSF may be able to help you with extra costs associated with getting into and starting work, such as, travel expenses to attend interviews, and tools and clothing or uniform to start work. If you’re claiming Universal Credit, you could also get help with the first month of childcare costs.

Discounted travel

If you are unemployed, claiming benefits and looking for work, you could get a free Jobcentre Plus Discount Rail Card. Transport for London (TFL), and Stagecoach, offer discounted travel up to 50% for those with the Rail Card.

National Enterprise Allowance (NEA)

If you want to start your own business, or develop your business if you’re already self-employed, you may be able to get support through the NEA. You need to be getting certain benefits and have a business idea that could work.

For more information, please contact your local Job Centre Plus.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

ESA is for people under State Pension age who have a disability or health condition that affects how much they can work. You will get money to help with living costs if you’re unable to work, and support to get back into work if you’re able to.

Call 0800 055 6688 or visit the Employment and Support Allowance page. 

Access to Work Grant

The Access to work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition and you start working, need help to stay in work or move into self-employment or start a business.

The grant can help you to meet the costs of travel to work; provide a support worker or pay for special equipment that you need to remain in employment.

Visit the Access to Work for more information.