Tower Hamlets SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
The SEND information, advice and support service (SEND IASS) is a self-referring service which offers advice, information and support to parents or carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25 years old.
You can contact SEND IASS by email on TowerHamlets&City.SENDIASS@towerhamlets.gov.uk or call 020 7364 6489 (Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm).
SEND IASS is at the Parents Advice Centre which is located at 30 Greatorex Street, E1 5NP (MAP).
The Parents Advice Centre offers:
- Drop-in service for parents and carers every Tuesday and Friday 9.30am–3pm
- Evening drop in session – Wednesday 4 – 6.30pm for working parents and young people
- Dedicated services for young people
- SEND Young People Forum (Our Time All Ability Forum)
- Advice, Information and Support on Education, Health and Social Care
- Case work for parents and young people
- Specialist support groups for parents e.g. SEN support group and ADHD support group
- Advice and support with Admissions, Exclusions, Bullying including Appeals and Managed moves for any child or young Person in Tower Hamlets
- Signposting to the Local offer
- Training for parents, young people and professionals
- Mediation service for schools, parents and young people
- Monthly Educational Psychologists (EPs) Surgery
- Monthly Developmental Language Disorder Surgery.
The SEND IASS and Parents Advice Centre work closely with a range of other service providers these include Health, Social Care and Citizens Advice Bureau.
For more information visit the SEND IASS website.