Tower Hamlets SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
The SEND IASS (PAC) is a self-referring service which offers advice, information and support to parents, carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) from birth to 25 children and young people independent of their parents.
SEND IASS (PAC) provides the following services:
- Telephone advice line Monday – Friday 9am–5pm
- Drop-in service for parents and carers every Tuesday and Friday 9.30am–3pm
- Evening drop in session – Wednesday 4 – 6.30pm for working parents and young people
- Dedicated services for young people
- SEND Young People Forum (Our Time All Ability Forum)
- Advice, Information and Support on Education, Health and Social Care
- Case work for parents and young people
- Specialist support groups for parents e.g. SEN support group and ADHD support group
- Advice and support with Admissions, Exclusions, Bullying including Appeals and Managed moves for any child or young Person in Tower Hamlets
- Signposting to the Local offer
- Training for parents, young people and professionals
- Mediation service for schools, parents and young people
- Monthly Educational Psychologists (EPs) Surgery
- Monthly Developmental Language Disorder Surgery.
The SEND IASS (PAC) works closely with a range of other service providers these include Health, Social Care and Citizens Advice Bureau.