Parental Engagement Team (PET)
Support for parents
Being a parent or carer can be hugely rewarding but also has it’s challenges from time to time.
With the right support when you need it , you can develop your skills as a parent and build stronger relationships with your children so that they get off to the best possible start in life.
Programmes for parents
- Learning workshops that help you understand what your child is learning at school and discover how you can help at home
- Online safety sessions that give you an insight into your child’s online world and tips to help keep them safe
- Parenting programmes that help you develop a positive relationship with your child and promote good behaviour
- Health and wellbeing programmes that support your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Volunteering and employment programmes to help you realise your career aspirations
Our sessions are delivered face-to-face in schools and community settings throughout Tower Hamlets.
We also offer online sessions, delivered through Zoom, to suit busy parents.
Support networks for parents
The Parent and Carer Council
The Parent and carer council is a forum where you can help shape the services that are available to families in the borough.
It’s a great way for you to get involved with local consultations, help identify gaps in support and discuss national issues that may be affecting families locally.
Platform to Talk
Discussion based virtual sessions where you can connect with other parents, share your concerns and get reliable information.
Join the conversation on a range of topical issues from family life, parenting, learning and more.
Take a look at the Platform to Talk collection or register for a session.
The Somali Parents and Carers Network
A chance for you to meet with other Somali parents and carers and share your experiences relating to education and parenting as well as hear some inspirational guest speakers.
As a dad or a male carer, the network will help you strengthen your relationship with your child through positive parenting and play.
Join the Network, meet other dads and share your experiences at play events held throughout the year.
For more information or to join a group, please contact the Parental Engagement Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping Children Safe Online Children