Tower Hamlets school admissions forum
What this forum does
The Tower Hamlets school admissions forum includes representatives of schools, parents, governors, Diocesan boards and the council of Mosques.
The forum monitors and reviews the effectiveness of admission arrangements and how those arrangements can be improved.
It advises the council on how to deal with difficult admission arrangements and improve access to school places for all children.
The forum deals with school admissions policy, but does not discuss individual admission cases.
For full details of how the forum operates, and the areas it covers, download the Admissions forum constitution
When and where it meets
The forum usually meets once a term. It is hosted remotely at the moment.
- Dee Bleach (Mayflower) – primary (Chair)
- Simon Ramsey (Oaklands) – secondary
- Lynne Cottle – nursery
- JP Morrison (Bishop Challoner) – secondary voluntary aided
- Elizabeth Figueiredo (St Peter's London Docks) – primary voluntary aided (Vice Chair)
- Sarah Counter (Canary Wharf College) – secondary academy/free
- Kevin Jones (Paradigm Trust, Old Ford Primary) – primary academy/free
- Anne Messer– Church of England Diocese
- Vacancy – Catholic Diocese
- Aslam Uddin – Council of Mosques
- Kiran Rahman
- Jalal Aziz
- Shahana Begum
- Jenny Miller – Parents Advice Centre
- Alex Nelson - Voluntary Sector Children and Youth Forum
- Shahanur Khan – Collective of Bangladeshi Governors
- Dennis Jenner – Local authority appeal panel member
- Advisory officers from Tower Hamlets council
- Service Head (Pupil Access and School Sufficiency) – Terry Bryan
- Head of School Admissions - Catherine Grace
Groups and their representatives have equal rights within the forum
Local Authority Report to The Schools Adjudicator
View The Local Authority Report to the Schools Adjudicator for 2022
For enquiries please contact
Clerk to the Admissions Forum
Tel: 020 7364 5860