Determined school admission arrangements for the school year beginning 2019-20
The council has now determined it's school admission arrangements for the school year beginning 2019/20. Details can be viewed here:
Find out how to apply for a nursery, primary, secondary school place. You can also find out about in-year admissions and the admissions criteria.
Secondary transfer 2019
If your child is in Year 6 you will need to make an application for your child to transfer to secondary school in September 2019. The closing date is 31 October 2018 You must apply online via the eadmissions portal. For more information and advice visit our secondary admissions page.
Primary Reception 2019
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 you will need to apply online for your child to start in the Reception class in September 2019. The closing date is 15 January 2019. You must apply online via the eadmissions portal eadmissions portal . For more information and advice visit our primary admissions page.
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 you will need to make an application for your child to start in nursery in 2019/20. You must apply online, the closing date is 17 February 2019. For more information please visit our nursery admissions page.
Apply for a school place
Most school admissions take place when children start reception class or when they transfer from primary to secondary school at the age of 11.
In-year admissions take place outside the normal admission period – for example, children who have recently moved to the area and do not have a school place.
If your child is out of school and you need a school place please contact Pupil Services on 020 7364 5006.
You can also find out about in-year admissions and the admissions criteria
Supplementary information forms
Some schools require a completed supplementary form in addition to the online application form. You must complete and return both forms for your application to be considered. Supplementary forms must be returned to the appropriate school. If you have made an online application to any of the schools listed below, please contact them for a supplementary form.
- Bishop Challoner RC Boys School
- Bishop Challoner RC Girls School
- Canary Wharf College Crossharbour
- Sir John Cass Foundation and Redcoat School
- Canary Wharf College Schools
- Christ Church Church of England
- English Martyrs Roman Catholic
- Guardian Angels Roman Catholic
- Holy Family Roman Catholic
- Our Lady’s Roman Catholic
- St Agnes Roman Catholic
- St Anne's Roman Catholic
- St Edmund’s Roman Catholic
- St Elizabeth’s Roman Catholic
- St John’s Church of England
- St Luke’s Church of England
- St Mary and St Michael Roman Catholic
- St Matthias Church of England
- St Paul's (Whitechapel) Church of England
- St Paul’s with St Luke’s Church of England
- St Peter’s London Docks Church of England
- St Saviour’s Church of England
- Stepney Greencoat Church of England
Service user feedback
Pupil Services strives to ensure that service delivery is efficient and that policies and procedures are clear and easy to understand. We are evaluating our performance and communication with service users and reviewing the provision of information available to parents on the school admissions process.
Please complete the questionnaire to provide feedback regarding your contact with Pupil Services and your experience of the admissions process.