Be a part of the change you want to see and help to spread the word about reducing, reusing and recycling in Tower Hamlets! By becoming a Recycling Champion you can make a positive contribution to your neighbourhood, help the environment, meet new people and learn new things.
How much you do it up to you, every little bit helps! As a Recycling Champion you can get involved by:
- Attending a recycling event or workshop and sharing your new knowledge with your family, friends and neighbours
- Putting up recycling posters on noticeboards where you live
- Inviting one of our Recycling Officers to a community event or meeting, to help promote recycling
- Sharing leaflets with your neighbours
- Helping-out at an event or on a local project
- Sharing ideas about how to improve recycling in your area
You’ll receive our email newsletter with:
Sign up to be a Recycling Champion
- Invites to interesting information sessions and workshops, such as a tour of a recycling facility
- Advice and guidance on how to arrange your own community event, such as a clothes swapping party
- Opportunities to sign up to help-out on projects and at events locally
- New information, quizzes and more!
Q Who can be a Recycling Champion?
A Anyone over 18 who lives in Tower Hamlets or works for a housing provider or community organisation in Tower Hamlets and is interested in improving recycling and reducing waste
Q What tools will I receive?
A New Recycling Champion's are sent a guidebook, full of useful information.
You can request posters and leaflets.
You'll be invited to workshops and events where you can learn more about specific subjects.
Q How do I stay in touch with the programme?
A Email newsletters will be distributed with details of forthcoming events, opportunities to help and information about current recycling issues.
Q How much time do I need to commit?
It’s up to you, there is no minimum. Any contribution is appreciated.