Forced marriage and school holidays

As the school holidays approach and travel restrictions are lifted, there is a risk of children being taken abroad, and being forced to marry. Forced marriage is illegal.

We need to stay alert to Signs of children and young people being in potential danger of Forced Marriage. It is important to act quickly, without alerting family members or friends who may be part of the plans.

Find out how to get help

Support services for older people

Support for older people who have been affected by abuse or neglect. 

Support organisations

Adult Safeguarding (Tower Hamlets Council)

Call the Assessment and Intervention team to report the abuse of a vulnerable adult. Find out more information or raise a concern because you are worried about a vulnerable person.

Tel: 0300 303 6070



Offers advice and support to older people experiencing domestic abuse, which includes financial abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect. Anyone who is concerned about an older person can also call the helpline.

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Tel: 0808 808 8141


Change page

VAWG service directory

You can find lots of other useful services on the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) service directory homepage.