Resident's parking permit
What is a resident's parking permit?
A resident parking permit allows you to park your vehicle on-street in the parking zone that you live during controlled parking hours. It also allows you to park for up to three hours in other controlled parking zones.
Can I apply online?
You can apply online as long as you do not hold a disabled blue badge.
Where can I park?
Your permit is only valid in parking bays signed:
- Resident permit holders only
- Permit holders only or
- Permit holders or pay at machine
You can park all day in the zone that you live and up to three hours in another zone. For more information please refer to the resident parking terms and conditions.
How do I apply for a permit?
- Complete the eligibility checker to find out if you qualify for a permit.
- If you do, you will be guided to complete your online application and to make payment.
- After you complete the payment process you will be given a reference number (beginning with an ‘R’) to allow you to park immediately.
- You must display the reference number clearly in your vehicle so that a Civil Enforcement Officer (previously known as a Parking Attendants) can see and read it from the outside of the vehicle.
How do I get my permit?
It will be posted and you should receive it within five working days of your online application.
The purpose of the eligibility checker is to help you to find out if you have the relevant documents to apply for a permit.
Use our eligibility checker to see if you qualify
If you require a motorcycle permit, please see information about Resident motorcycle parking permits.