Resident parking permit
A resident parking permit allows you to park your vehicle on the streets in the parking zone that you live during controlled parking hours.
The council issues virtual (electronic) permits. No paper permit is issued. You may start using the permit as soon as payment is made.
How do you apply for a permit?
- Read the terms and conditions and then complete the online application form. If you haven’t already got an account, you will need to register and verify your email first.
- You will need to upload your UK driving licence and proof of vehicle (such as UK Registration Certificate).
- We will check your application and documents and let you know if it has been accepted. Applications will be processed by the end of the next working day.
- If it's approved, you will be given a permit number. If you need to park straight away, you can display this number in your vehicle.
- You must then pay for your permit over the phone. We will contact you by phone and arrange for you to make a secure payment.
- Once you have paid, your permit will be active and you won't need to do anything else.
- You will receive updates by email at each step of this process.
Apply for a resident parking permit
How do you apply for a free permit with a blue badge?
What about car free developments, decanted residents and the Permit Transfer Scheme?
- Please visit this page to find out how to apply.
You are no longer able to renew existing permits
- This means you will need to provide all the evidence needed for a new permit.
- The first application received from a household after 30 September 2019 will be charged as the first permit. Any extra permits will cost an additional £50 for a second permit and £150 for third permit.
- Find out more about parking permit charges.
What are paperless permits?
Our resident parking permit is a ‘virtual’, paperless permit. This means that you will not receive a physical permit to put in your car. Instead, parking officers will be able to check on the system if a car has a valid permit.
Where can I park?
Your permit is only valid in parking bays signed:
- Resident permit holders only
- Permit holders only or
- Permit holders or pay at machine
You can park all day in the zone that you live and up to three hours in another zone.
Help with sending in your documents and application
- If you are not sure how to scan and upload your documents, read our tips on uploading.
- If you need more help to scan any documents or to fill in your application, staff at Idea Store Digital Hubs can help you do this. Just bring in your phone and documents, and they will be able to help.
For more information