Resident parking permit
Our parking permits are ‘virtual’, paperless permits. This means that you will not receive a paper permit to put in your vehicle. Instead, parking officers will be able to check on the system if a car has a valid permit.
Documents you will need to apply
You must include proof of current address and proof of one vehicle as part of your application. If you do not include the right documents, we will reject your application.
Proof of address:
Proof of vehicle:
- UK Registration Certificate (V5C) showing your previous address or current address or;
- Lease, Finance or Rental Agreement.
- For a company vehicle – company letter dated within the last 28 days to confirm: you are an employee, you are authorised to drive the vehicle and keep it overnight at your address the vehicle registration number and the name and position of the person signing the letter.
- Insurance certificate - valid for at least 30 days and showing you as a named driver, plus the additional insurance documents showing your current address or;
- Please note that we do not accept the New Keeper Supplement (green slip completed by the seller) as evidence.
Blue badge holders
Your resident permit is free if you are a blue badge holder or the main driver for a blue badge holder. Upload your blue badge or if you are the main driver, the blue badge and proof that the blue badge holder lives at the same address (DWP letter).
If you are not sure how to scan and upload your documents, read our tips on uploading documents.
Car free property
If you live in a car free property you must meet an exemption criteria. Find out about applying for a permit if you live in a car free property.
How to apply and pay
You can now apply and pay for all parking permits online through our parking permit system. You can check how we work out the cost of your permit here.
To apply for any permit, you must first set up an account. When registering, choose ‘Resident’ as your customer type to apply for a resident permit.
Register for an account
Once we receive your application, it will be assessed within three working days.
Once you have created an account, read the terms and conditions and then complete the online application.
Apply for a resident parking permit
Help with your application
For more information, please check our advice page first. If you cannot find the right information, please contact us.