Terms and conditions to buy a memorial bench
1. All applications for a memorial bench/plaque must be made on the application form.
2. Only benches/plaques purchased through the council may be placed on the council’s land.
3. The council reserves the right to refuse applications for any reason.
4. If approved, payment must be received by the council before the bench/plaque is ordered and installation takes place.
5. The council will consider the wishes of the applicant regarding the location of the bench. However, the council will have sole discretion and reserves the right to relocate the bench at any time and for any reason.
6. Once installed, the bench/plaque becomes the property of the council and can be used by the general public.
7. Benches and plaques are dedicated for a period of 10 years from the date of installation.
8. The council will be responsible for the reasonable maintenance and repair of the bench, in accordance with current service levels. The council reserves the right to remove a bench that has been damaged and, in the opinion of the council, is beyond economic repair.
9. The council accepts no liability for the replacement of benches/plaques which are at the end of their useful life and will dispose of the same at its sole discretion. The applicant will be notified of the removal at their last known address.