Construction Environmental Management Plan
Local Planning application requirements
The CEMP will be expected to be meet the requirements as set out in the GLA SPG on the Control of Dust and Emissions During Construction and contain details of:
- the parking of vehicles of site operatives and visitors
- the loading and unloading of plant and materials
- storage of plant and materials used in constructing the development
- the erection and maintenance of security hoarding, including decorative displays and facilities for public viewing where appropriate
- wheel washing facilities
- measures to control the emission of dust and dirt during construction
- a scheme for recycling/disposing of waste resulting from demolition and construction works.
Details shall also normally include:
- An air quality and dust risk assessment
- An Air quality management plan
- Site monitoring
The CEMP should also include measures to deal with protection of trees, biodiversity and contaminated land where relevant.
For major developments; commitments to sign up to considerable constructors scheme, and Construction Logistics Management Plan including consideration of the cumulative impact of construction activities.
Applicants are also asked to note compliance with the requirements for non-road mobile machinery.
Note: parts of the borough require the higher standards for the ‘Central Activity Zone’ and Canary Wharf. Details are available on the Non Mobile Machinery website.
- The parking of vehicles of site operatives and visitors
- The erection and maintenance of security hoarding, including decorative displays and facilities for public viewing where appropriate.
Required for all major developments, as well as minor works including basement developments that are likely to impact on the amenity of neighbouring residents or cause obstructions or hazards to the public highway.