Drainage Strategy and Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS) Report
Local Planning application requirements
Applications should demonstrate that surface water will be controlled near the source in line with sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) hierarchy.
Sustainable drainage systems are designed to control surface water run off close to where it falls and mimic natural drainage as closely as possible. The provide opportunities to:
- reduce the causes and impacts of flooding
- remove pollutants from urban run-off at source
- combine water management with green space with benefits for amenity, recreation and wildlife.
Your SuDS report should clarify the following:
- Detailed site layout at an identified scale
- Topographical survey of the site
- Plans, drawings and specification of SuDS proposed. This should include detail of hard construction, soft landscaping and planting
- Calculations of discharge and run-off rates, water storage capacity of the proposals, and demonstration that they meet the requirements of the site
- Details of any offsite works required, together with necessary consents
- Management and maintenance plan for all SuDS.
The Tower Hamlets SuDS Proforma must also be completed.
Required for all major development.